Monday, December 5, 2011

P-Cans P-Cons P-Yummy

 No matter how you say pecans it sounds better with the words Cinnamon Sugared in front of it.


We snacked on these at Disney this past Summer and then came across them again at
the beach weeks later and ever since then I have found myself thinking of them.

So this year when my step dad gave us our annual bag of pre-shelled pecans I knew
deep in my heart what their fate would be.
A sugary, cinnamony, crunchy coating.


Here is the recipe I used.

3 cups of halved pecans
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons vanilla.
1/3 cup of cinnamon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300
Coat pecans in egg white
Combine cinnamon sugar, salt and vanilla.
Add to pecans and stir until covered.
Spread on a ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes.


In my opinion the ingredient amounts except for the pecans could be increased.
When I make these again and I will make them again,  I may add more of everything in equal amounts.
If you make them try them as they are first...you may find the sweetness to you liking.  If I am going
to overdose on something sugary I like to do it well.


Give them a try, I think you'll like them.
Just you try not to eat one right out of the oven, they smell so darn good it's tempting.
Walk away let them cool or you'll burn the hair right off your tongue.

This would probably be good on almonds too....and a great treat for teachers, neighbors and friends.

see ya'll
Pin It!

No comments: