Monday, June 27, 2011

What I'm Reading




Well not what I'm reading but what I read.
The Help is the book I just finished
ok...let me say first if you have quit reading
if you have zero time for reading
get a Kindle or other e-reader.
I had quit reading...... if it didn't have 32 or less pages
with a nice colorful glossy cover and was based on a pirate,
a Spanish speaking Chiuaua, a dinosaur or a fairy I wasn't reading it.

For those of you completely against kindles and the like.....Yes I love print, but I and thankful for my kindle it makes reading simpler
more convenient, more doable for me.
It gave me back reading.

So The Help, when I tell you about a book I read I really only wanna give my opinion, I will not tell you one thing that happens in the book, so you can experience it for yourselves.

This book is wonderful. I was eager to read EVERY day. I was transported back to a time I didn't know......a time where things were VERY different for whites and blacks. I learned a lot from this book a whole lot. I attached myself to several characters and each day as if I knew them personally I switched on my kindle to see how they were doing. I would find myself daydreaming at work about them and feel really silly when I realized I was pondering the situations of fictional characters.....it is that good.

I will say this....the ending left me lonely, I needed more there was soooo much more I need to know about.
Maybe the movie will answer some of the questions I was left with.

Read this book before you see the movie, it is a lovely charming lil' book.

Right now I am reading the book about the little boy who went to heaven, Heaven is For Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Trip of His Trip o Heaven and Back.
About halfway in I am not enjoying this book but maybe I'll press on and I'll fill you in later.


post signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED LOVEEEEDDD this book!!!
I hope the movie is as good. :)