Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's hands

When I think of my mom
I'm sure as with you
I have an abundance of thoughts
great memories of good times and of not so good
of experiences both fun and scary
actual photographs
etched in my mind
just one of those photographs is of my mom's hands
just as sure as I can see my mom's hands in this photo of she and Chloe
mixing cookie dough, with her old school mixer that even though it smelled hot after a few minutes she would not get rid of
I can see my mom's hands in my mind
the nails
the wrinkles
the lines
the olive skin tone
I love her hands
while her heart and her mind and her determination
raised me up
her hands actually did the work
cooked
cleaned
prayed
drove
played
worked
disciplined
taught
cautioned
helped
LOVED

and now
perhaps even more special than to me
Chloe will remember these hands
a LOVING and selfless Nana
whose hands are still doing everyday

a Nana like no other
On this mother's day.....Chloe and I LOVE you so much mom
and we are so thankful for your LOVING hands.
Happy Mother's day mom.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Made me cry...beautiful