Saturday, January 23, 2010

I get it now........

I can recall
when I was small
over-hearing people say
"she never shuts-up"
"talk talk talk"
" oh my gosh.....is she ever quiet?"
It echoes in my ears as I LISTEN to Chloe
talk talk TALK talk
all the time
blah blah blah
about ....... anything......everything
I get it now
I love for Chloe to come sit with me
scrooch up close
nuzzle in my neck
sweet
THEN
she needs to get up
she needs a book ..... a littlest pet shop critter
a snack
and UGH......AGHHH....there is it
the elbow
right in my side
why?
why must she push off in my ribcage?
I know why.....because I did.....I remember hearing
"April....watch your elbows"
When she is on my lap
oh the bony little butt
Yes....yes.....heard that too
"you have the boniest butt"
I remember thinking.....how can you say that
a butt is....well you know....cushy
but
I get it now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
think back.....what do you get now ?

how bout' this......I'll pick the most endearing one....the one I like the most....no random
eyes closed picking here.......just the one that makes me say....oh yea.....that too. I get that now too.
The winner gets THIS just in time for Valentine's day.
I will pick a winner soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and if you have been keeping up....He's HOME !!!!!!!


have a happy day
Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father has the sweetest sayings that have crept into my every day conversations...'it's cold in this house', 'you zigged when you should have zagged', 'sometimes you got to go right to go left', 'to get a friend you have to be a friend'... I have to giggle everytime I say them.... It sounds like a voice that is not my own. i love it. If I am 1/10th as amazing a parent as he is, everything will be ok.

Margaret said...

I get why my mom always had to threaten to give my dad a time out when I was in trouble. I was a daddy's little girl, and now I am raising one too.

And if Daddy's not home when she gets in trouble, she will start to cry again once he returns home and tell him I was mean to her. I get that too, because I did it.

I have 3 kids, but my mom says our middle one acts just like I did. Sweet but very strong willed. I "get it" now about a lot of things.

apholden said...

I now understand the phrase, "It hurts me more than it hurts you."

I am sooo glad that sweet boy is home - nothing better for them than that moment when Daddy held him in his arms. Makes me smile for them ~

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I too was a talker & I have 2 talkers now. I used to get asked if I had a volume button, I was very loud. I am now wishing my son had a volume button. I guess it's Payback.

Lynette said...

I have two:

When ever we would get in the car to go somewhere, my sister would automatically start jabbering. It was exhausting for all the rest of us. My mom would say, "Honey, why don't you take a nap?" I find myself saying that to two of my three...and then laughing about it!

My two boys are similar in age difference to what my sister and I were. Many times I hear choruses of "MOOOOMMMM, Jackson hit me." Followed by "Well Logan wouldn't give me my toy back!" To which I reply (just EXACTLY like my mother did) "Logan stop antagonizing your brother, and Jackson TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. You're older and know better." I remember how unfair I thought that was...and now I'm perpetrating the same unfairness...The joys and irony of motherhood!

Anonymous said...

ok, this is not that sweet or anything but i think its so funny.
when i was younger me and my sister would eat that yummy marshmallow cereal. it was a treat,not an everyday thing.but, whenever we ate it we started with all those pretty yummy marshmallows! my mom would say "stop digging out those marshmallow, or i'll never buy that cereal again."
now....i have three girls of my own, oldest being7 and youngest almost2. they too love that yummy cereal and they too dig out all the marshmallows. by the end of breakfast there is lots of spilt milk and sticky hands and sticky everything!!! i let them do it as long as they eat the "boring" part too b/c i remember!
-thanks,misti