Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's Go Back A Bit....

I love to reminisce.
I loved the very late 70's and 80's.
Simply loved that time.
I can vividly remember some of my favorite toys.
Some were very popular.
Others were rare......
Thinking about those times and seeing pictures of these toys makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. Raggedy Ann Colorforms.
These rocked.

Oh what you could draw with the spirograph.
Aghhhh.....do you remember these ?

Fashion plates......I could make me some fashions....OH Yea !!

Darci....if you remember this doll you remember she towered high above Barbie.

I always thought she was the big Barbie.

Tree House...pop it on the top...it pops up to show all the good-living inside.

how cool to live in a tree.

what were your favorite "rare" toys?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

More Let's Go Back Posts Coming Soon.

have a happy day

Pin It!

9 comments:

Karin Schueller said...

Oh my gosh, the spirograph! I LOVED that thing. My grandparents had it at their house...always a reason for it to be better than any toys at your own home. :) They also had this little death trap that I loved. I have seen them around every once in a while now. It was basically peddles that went around, but nothing to hold on to. Like I said, death trap. LOL My kids would love it!

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a fun flashback! The only thing I didn't have was a Darci doll :(

Amy Bell said...

i LOVED the fashio plates...i can still smell the new plated coming out of the box...it was AWESOME. oh, the things i loved to create...
loved this post!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

april!
sure have missed seeing your fun happenings & such! i've been out of the loop TO long!
what fun... i loved spirograph too! gosh... my girls would love that... wonder if there is something similar out there now? hmmm

The Queen's Castle said...

Fashion Plates was one of my FAVES! When in trouble, my parents would make me 'play' outside, because I would spend hours with my Fashion Plates, Paper Dolls and my EasyBake Oven. Love it!

You can call me Lucky. said...

My friend and I went looking for a spirograph at Toys'r us and couldn't find one a few weeks ago! I used to have a light bright and Teddy Ruxpin...

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how I loved the spirograph!!! Thos things rocked. All that symmetry made me happy, even as a kid. :)

Delice said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I have the same fondness for those old toys:) I have even snagged some fabric that was like my bedding when I was a kid! I blogged about it here http://creativecubbyhole.blogspot.com/2008/06/goodies-galore.html

Megan Rublaitus said...

OMG!!! My friend and I were out a few weeks back looking for spirographs. That's so funny that you should post about them!

WE ABSOLUTELY ADORE THEM!! We have a few ongoing jokes about them too. Haha...

GREAT flashback moment.
♥*